At Royal Oak Heating, Cooling & Electrical, we not only aim to provide top-quality HVAC services but also to equip you with the knowledge to keep your central air systems running efficiently all year long. Our licensed professionals can handle all your AC installation and maintenance needs. Nonetheless, there are several measures you can carry out on your own to ensure your system remains in top form.
1. Regularly Change or Clean Your Air Filters: One of the simplest and most effective ways to maintain your HVAC unit is to regularly replace or clean its air filters. When debris and dust accumulate on the filter, it forces the system to work harder than it should—resulting in decreased efficiency and increased energy costs. As a rule of thumb, check your air filters every 30 days, especially during heavy-use periods.
2. Keep Your Outdoor Unit Clean: Depending on the type of central air system you have, there may be a part of the system located outdoors. Debris, such as leaves and dirt, can accumulate around the outdoor unit. It’s recommended that you keep the area surrounding your outdoor unit clear of debris. This helps in maintaining the unit’s efficiency.
3. Schedule Regular Professional Maintenance: No matter how often you clean and check your system, nothing beats professional maintenance and AC Installation carried out by experts like us. Our team of licensed professionals will handle the more complex tasks such as checking for leaks, inspecting and repairing electrical connections, and ensuring the system operates with optimal efficiency.
4. Set a Consistent Temperature: Continuously adjusting your thermostat can lead to inefficiency. Consider investing in a programmable thermostat— allowing you to set your preferred temperature throughout different times of the day, leading to savings in energy costs in the long run.
5. Keep Indoor Vents Unblocked: Just as with your outdoor unit, debris can also block your indoor vents. Regularly check your vents and ensure that they’re not blocked by furniture, curtains, or any other object that could hamper airflow.
At the end of the day, installing a central air system represents a significant investment in your home’s comfort. Protect your investment by combining these DIY maintenance tips with regular professional services. Remember, we are always ready to assist you in all your HVAC-related needs. Keep your home comfortable all year round with Royal Oak Heating, Cooling & Electrical.